Dee.ie Ltd operates a privacy promise which simplifies the understanding between us, you and your data. Professional Grade Privacy as standard, unless we ask first and clearly, we will never trick you by adding you to a sales or other digital auto ‘torture’ lists. We won’t track you, profile you or sell your data-to-data vultures or data mines. There will be no weird or creepy things happening with your data. All our services come with elevated discretion as standard.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Dee.ie Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK; GDPR Dee.ie Ltd, we or us the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; Dee.ie Ltd, a company incorporated in N.Ireland with registered number NI062869 whose registered office is at 7 Elagh Business Park, Derry City, N.Ireland BT488QP. User or you and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Dee.ie Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.; and Website the website that you are currently using, https://dee.ie, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships.
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation".
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Dee.ie Ltd is the "data controller". This means that Dee.ie Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect but limit the nature of the following Data some of which happens
automatically on all sites you visit, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- operating system (automatically collected)
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Dee.ie Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when seek consultation
- when you respond to any of our questions
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party
- Companies House.
- Search engines.
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - To allow them to complete the contact or support requests;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via our live chat or our contact page.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
As we are a technology consultancy our work spans many digital facets however
termination or suspension of a client account automatically puts their account
information into our secure digital archive.
- This limits the access of this data to management only.
- This data is retained for 36 months upon which it is destroyed minus any regulatory compliance, contractual or legal requirements.
Certificate of Data Destruction
- You can and do retain the right, to request data destruction at anytime. It is your data and we only operate as good stewards of this data while required.
To facilitate this request and provide the required certification our process is as
- Email our designated ISO officially requesting a Data Destruction Application Form, you can get their email address from our live chat.
- Fill out the form and return to the designated ISO via email or post.
- We will process your request in line with our any regulatory compliance, contractual or legal requirements.
- You will receive a certification by return when this process is completed.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via our live chat or by our contact page.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/ .
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Northern Ireland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Ireland courts.
Should you have any additional questions or queries, you can contact Dee.ie Ltd by live chat or via our contact page.